This morning I had the pleasure of introducing my new Black Garlic Dressings/Marinades on Fox 7 Good Day Austin morning show. The theme was "Mothers Day" so I had to think of something that would include mothers day recipes, the black garlic dressings, and be easy enough for anyone to prepare.
I should get the segment up again shortly
Recipes for the show are here as well
Private Chef Judd Servidio stopped by the FOX 7 studio to show us some creative twists on simple recipes just in time for Mother’s Day.
Recipe: Strawberry and Blue cheese salad
- 3 cups of mixed field greens
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 oz of blue cheese
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 oz of roasted pecans
- 2 tbsp of Judd's All Natural Truffle, Balsamic, and Black Garlic Dressing
- Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl toss the greens, cheese, shallots, and pecans with 1 tbsp of black garlic dressing. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries around the rim of the serving plate.
- Mound the tossed greens in the middle and drizzle the last tablespoon of dressing over the finished salad.
- 1 Pizza crust or flatbread cooked (pre-prepared )
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 large avocado
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 2 tbsp of cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz of smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp of Judd's All Natural Miso and Black Garlic Dressing
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp of toasted garlic
- Take pizza dough or flatbread and cut 2 inch rounds out.
- For the cream cheese mixture, place jalapeno and cilantro into a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add avocado, cream cheese, lime and salt. Puree until nice and smooth. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Take a spoon full of cream cheese mixture and add to the mini rounds of the dough. Place a slice of smoked salmon on top. Add a slice of egg and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle a drop of Judd's All Natural Miso and Black Garlic Dressing on top.
- Finish the dish with cilantro and toasted garlic.